Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Why NOT to do IMAG

I was surfing the web and found this great article about how a lot of small churches are trying to do IMAG just because "it's what all the BIG churches are doing." I think this helped reinforce some things in my mind, but I want to hear what you think. Please read the article below, and post your comments in the comment section of the Technical Arts Blog.
Also, while you're there, check out some of the other cool articles on his site about things like doing 16:9 projection in church.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We are using the cameras anyway to make tapes so what difference does it make if we show it on the big screen. Most of the time we use the IMAG is when there is additional action on the stage. Dances, Skits, Baptisims etc. People that have nothing better to do with their time are usually the ones complaining. Lets keep up the good work we are doing.

Stuart said...

Thanks Mike,
The big thing I took from the article, and something I always say, is "if you can't do it right, don't do it." I admit that the reason I starting doing all the camera work was to train you guys FOR IMAG. I believe excellence honors God, however I've also heard excellence described as "doing the best you can with what you have."