Wednesday, August 25, 2010

New Fall Teams for Sunday a.m. and The Bridge 7 p.m.

I am working on the new fall tech teams rotations. But I also will need to develop a team for the new Sunday Night 7:00 p.m. Service, known as The Bridge. I do not want to abuse anyone and have them all day if I can avoid it. So I propose a few options.

Things you need to know:
  • The leadership team for the service would like this service to be one big team that serves together, so we will have regular meetings with the band, singers, tech, etc. at 6:30 SHARP.
  • I STRONGLY encourage all team members to come to rehearsal which would be on Sunday afternoons at 5 p.m.  We will do a complete rehearsal with lights, sound, and video. Then I believe we'll have some sort of dinner solution for the team.
  • I want to work up to a three week rotation like Sunday a.m., but that might not be possible initially. 
  • The first The Bridge service will be September 19, but I will want to have the new tech team practice at some of the band practices.
Here are the ways you can help with the new service:
  1. You may choose to switch to serving on a The Bridge rotation instead on Sunday a.m.
  2. If you are NOT currently serving with tech, consider joining The Bridge team.
  3. If you have the energy and want to keep it straight and serve all on one day -- a.m. and p.m. -- I can do that. We can plan some group activities such as training over lunch or in the afternoon before rehearsal. (Which I may do anyway.)
  4. You can serve on the Sunday a.m. team one Sunday, on The Bridge team the next Sunday, and be off on the third Sunday.
  5. You can serve at The Bridge every Sunday night. 
I trust that you are all grown ups and can decide what you are capable of. But if you commit to too much initially, and need to scale back, please fell comfortable saying something to me.
God bless you all and thanks for your awesome service!

Stuart Mackey
First United Methodist Church of Brandon
Director of Technical Arts
(813) 684-1122
stuartmackey@fumcbrandon.org

No comments: